Wednesday, May 31, 2006

To sum it all up

I went to my reunion afterall. Got guilted into it because my dear friend had said she'd go if I'd go. Well how can you refuse that, plus the offer to buy me drinks (I had two club sodas the whole night).

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it wasn't as great either. Most people don't seem to have changed that much in 20 years, which means we either all have great genes, or people have gotten hair transplants and been to the gym for 8 hours a day every single day prior to this event. We received booklets with updates on most people, as well as name tags with our pictures from our high school grad. Needless to say, I didn't wear my name tag, bad enough I looked the way I did back then, but who wants to be reminded of it as well?

It's funny how even after 20 years, some things never change. We all hung around the same people that we did 20 years ago, a few people did venture out to say hi to other people they haven't talked to in a long time, but overall the cliques remained, the snobs were still snobs and the rest of us, well we just were. I enjoyed having people look at me and not recognize me, that was the most fun of the night. The scene was a little too young, I haven't gone clubbing in 20 years and I hadn't planned on going back to a club anytime soon. At least it was only us old farts there, so it didn't really matter. Some people dressed like they go clubbing every weekend still, which made me wonder, do they and if so, how do they do it? I'm in bed by 10:00 every night, but I probably get up earlier than most as well. Age, it's a wonderful thing.

No comments: