Sunday, January 13, 2008

Don't try this at home kids

I thought I'd try out a coconut muffin recipe today. It sounded good, really simple, as all muffin recipes are, and it would be good to have during coffee break.

It asked to toast coconut flakes in a 400F oven for 7 mins. No problem, I think to myself, I can sit down for 7 mins. I don't know if it's the type of coconut flakes I have, or what, but 7 mins later, I open the oven door and there's smoke coming out because the coconut is completely burnt. You'd think I'd know by now to check a little more frequently to see if it's burning or not.

Note to self: have more coffee before attempting baking.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, we are SO sisters. This morning, when I was supposed to be watching and stirring the coconut dofu (dessert dish) on the stove, I noticed crumbs on the floor. Got the vacuum, and was just preoccupied for what seemed like half a minute. Luckily, I ran the 'cuum near the stove and noticed SH*T the thing had started to bubble.

Let's not count all the times I nearly let all the water boil out of a pot or let nuts burn while toasting them.

Epicure68 said...

Oh dear. We both have to concentrate more on the task at hand before we burn our respective places down.

Anonymous said...

I keep reminging myself that mantra I'd read in tons of diff places: be mindful of the moment. It's great advice...but I'm slightly (ok, more than slightly) ADD. :}

Epicure68 said...

It definitely takes a while to remember. You think you're ADD, you should see me at work.