Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Does anyone celebrate Valentines?

It seems to me that more and more people boycott Valentine's than celebrate it. There's an event happening downtown tonite for non-Valentine's people who want to enjoy their single love. They are apparently going to be hanging stuffed animals up by their necks and general non-lovey dovey things. I'm not a Valentine's person myself, in fact, I'm not much of a romantic at all. My DH, when we were dating, would buy me all sorts of lovely, but very useless things, like cut flowers. I told him to stop wasting his money and buy me things that I could use, or eat.

My carpool asked me if he was going to take me out for dinner tonight. Why would we want to go out for overpriced food at overcrowded restaurants? We did it for the first time ever last year, but we went to our favourite restaurant, which while a little crowded, at least kept the price the same. Our oh so romantic dinner tonight will be a beef stir fry and no, I didn't even bother to make a chocolate dessert. He can have a chocolate chip cookie with some ice cream if he's good.

No comments: