Thursday, February 02, 2006

Just wondering

Am I not remembering my grade school grammar right (senility y'know) or have everyone else's knowledge of the English language gotten worse. For example, so many people write "your welcome" rather than "you're welcome". I believe "your" is a possessive meaning something belongs to you, and "you're" is a contraction of you are. If anyone reads this, and has a different idea, I'd love to hear about it.

On a different note, it's a nice sunny day today, for a change. It started out as a beautiful day yesterday, but then Mother Nature pulled a fast one and turned the day rainy and cold. On the bright side, this should mean less of a drought this summer than in previous years of late.

As I'm sitting here typing, I realize that I, like so many other people, have very bad postures. Instead of taking advantage of the ergonomically correct chair that I have, I tend to slouch down, putting a lot of pressure on my back. Not to mention that at my height, I always have to pull myself up to my full height so that people can even just notice me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your-you're, their-they're, its-it's, don't get me started or I'll rant about people sayind re-la-tor instead of real-tor too. I don't need to talk about nu-cu-lar instead of nu-clear seeing how Bush has made himself a laughing stock because of it.

We should both join Bad Postures Anonymous. I pulled myself up from my slouch while reading your post.