Thursday, February 16, 2006

So I'm not a brain surgeon

But should you really need to be one to work Adobe Photoshop? I swear, a job that should probably only take an expert half an hour takes me the whole friggin' day. Okay, so I don't do it continually, but who wants to work on an exercise in futility for 8 hours a day?

Last night's meal was less ambitious than I had planned, but I think we wanted dinner some time last nite, not waiting to have it for breakfast. So I did the cod with smoked salmon, but I used pre-made smoked salmon cream cheese instead of following the recipe, full of all sorts of other things. I also didn't make the wild rice mixture, instead, I made straight basmati, which will go great with tonite's meal of beef masala kabobs and chapatis, and if I'm feeling a little adventurous, I'll make the peas and potatoes to go with it.

By the end of the week, I'm not feeling nearly as ambitious about making dinners as I am at the beginning, so I can see why people eat out every Friday. I'm too cheap for that unless we're going to a hockey game, but since this week's game isn't til Saturday, I guess I'll have to figure out something. Pizza's always a good standby.

The production guy from the film company was very nice, he called up again to thank me for my help with getting the pilot show shot outside our building. What can I say, I'm just a nice person. But considering what most people say about people in the filming industry being self centred and snobby, I think it's great that he made the extra effort to call back after they completed the shot. Maybe the tv guys are just better people to work with than movie people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, there ya go; you got your thanks and the university got its money. Everybody's happy! ;)